Wednesday, 3 February 2016

January Favourites: New Planner and Tea

The first month of the year is ending leaving a bittersweet taste for me. Like always, this month passed so fast and it feels as if I'm moving with the speed of light towards my graduation and whatever may follow that. The idea of graduating is exciting and stressful at the same time because, while I have absolutely no definite after-graduation plans for now, I still can't wait to move on to new experiences. I'm not sure whether I'm ready for these experiences, but I'm sure I want it to come sooner than later!

Now, I'm afraid I already have a writer's blogger's block so I thought I should shamelessly take the easy way and write a Favourites post in order to slowly get into the habit of casually blogging. Although I didn't do much this month, other than acting indolent the first two weeks while I was still on holidays and frantically trying to catch up with my studies the other two, I summed up a few of my January's highlights for the sake of this post.

Music

January was a very exciting and rich month when it comes to music, but what stood out for me was Birdy's new song and music video, Keeping Your Head Up really impressed me. From the awesome song about overcoming fears to pursuit happiness to the incredible video, everything about this is just perfect for me. I can't wait for her album in March for more amazing songs!

Warner Music UK. / youtube.com

Food & Drink

I'm a tea lover. During winter, my love for tea intensifies and I can have up to three cups of tea every day. This year I tried Ahmad Tea's Earl Gray for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Instantly became one of my favourite tea flavours.

Odds & Ends

For the new year I bought a Moleskine Daily Planner (Large, Hard Cover). I always need to have something with me to write down reminders, deadlines, and other notes. Last year I tried to turn a blank notebook into a DIY Planner but I failed miserably and ended up writing my notes in random pages... It was a mess. This Moleskine on the other hand is very convenient, although I really wanted a Hobonichi but I find them a bit expensive. Maybe I'll get one next year.

For my planner, I also got colourful, pattern tapes from Tiger Stores to color-code and mark dates on the monthly calendar. They are very useful and give my journal happy touches of colour here and there. Now I'm waiting for Moleskine's clip pen to arrive. Maybe it will be features in my next favourites post!

Tell me in the comments below, do you use planners/journals and if yes what kind? Thanks for stopping by. This post was probably boring but, like I said, for now I'm just trying to get the hang of blogging. Let's hope for a great February for everyone. :)