Friday, 18 March 2016

Meet Oumi

I feel so guilty for not posting in such a long time. I admit it, it's a bad start, but I've been so busy with university and some work projects. I'm writing my thesis and that alone is enough to keep me busy all day. On top of that, I also have weekly projects and deadlines for my other university courses, and I also had some other projects to complete. It's a crazy, hectic period!

One of the projects that have been keeping me busy is my 3D Modeling and Animation class project. The last 3 weeks I've been working on a 3D original character, Oumi. I recently created a turntable of him and I thought I'd share it here with you. Although his not yet in his final form, this is pretty much how he will look in my final project for the course - a short animation.

He's supposed to be a happy, joyful, blue creature. The colour on his ears change according to what he's doing or feeling. He's artistic and athletic. His name, Oumi, was inspired by a character in the book I'm currently reading, Murakami's Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage. As you can see, I wanted to go with a very cartoon-y style. What do you think about him? Do you like him? Let me know in the comments.

I'll try to post more often here, but for the time being, I'm not sure when my next post is going to be. So, until next time, take care! :)